Lentil soup isn’t hard to make, and frankly, there isn’t any wrong way to do it. This is our recipe for Lentil soup, keeping in mind we often use whatever we have available to make it. This recipe is the basis, give it a try and let us know what you think. This recipe serves 6 easily with some leftover for making veggie burgers.
- 2 cups of Lentils
- 4 medium size or 2 large size potatoes
- You can mix any variety of potato you like
- 6 carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 2 cubes beef, vegetable or chicken broth (your choice)
- Garlic (we like a LOT of garlic, so use it to your taste)
- Enough water to cover the top once all ingredients have been added.
- Chop all the vegetables into cubes that are bite size.
- In a large stock pot, bring to boil water to melt your broth cubes.
- Once the broth cubes have melted, you can add all the ingredients to the pot.
- Fill the pot with enough water to cover the top.
- Cover and bring to a rolling boil, stirring periodically.
- Once it’s at a rolling boil, lower heat to a medium boil and leave to cook. If you want to cook it for a few hours, lower heat to a slow boil.
- Remember to stir periodically
I don’t normally add meat to this, but you certainly can if you like. We enjoy the leftovers as veggie burgers, so the meat doesn’t go well with that.
We like to serve ours with some grated cheese on top when we have it. You can garnish it with anything you like; sour cream with chive on top, cheese, or just eat is as it is.
[amazon_link asins=’B001PEZLCW,B00BWWBS2E’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’midnig02-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’60d3ff44-44cd-11e7-80f9-a97ec11c40ff’]